In keeping with MHACA’s vision, the Day Program promotes opportunities and choices for people with mental health difficulties in a supportive and facilitative environment that promotes recovery. It is a welcoming environment offering practical assistance and support as well as access to structured social, educational creative and therapeutic programs and groups. The Day Program Manager reports to the CEO and works in conjunction with the Management team and other team members to implement social, recreational programs and the Drop-in Centre.
MHACA is committed to increasing the lived experience workforce and providing training and employment pathways for participants and those with a lived experience of mental illness to work in the drop in providing activities and support. The Manager has primary responsibility for the day-to-day management of the Drop in including implementing programs and activities.
The Day Program Manager leads the Day Program team and will:
- Oversee and evaluate the effective delivery of a recovery focused Day Program and Drop In Centre activities, offering a flexible program of educational, social, therapeutic and creativity-based activities in response to participant interests and their individually identified needs and goals, which includes appropriate cultural and diverse social engagements.
- Provide support and supervision to all staff in the program
- Keep accurate documentation including making sure the daily activities and drop-in attendance sheet are filled out and kept up to date, and data entry.
- Actively participate in the organisation’s quality, safety, and risk management systems.
- Engage and support participants and staff in development and delivery of the Program.
- Collaborate and work with internal and external stakeholders.
- Organise materials, equipment and resources for the program and ensure the environment is comfortable, safe and inviting to participants.
- Complete internal and external reporting and accountability requirements in accordance with agreed timelines and funding agreements.
- Attend and contribute to internal meetings and projects and represent MHACA in local networks, at conferences and other relevant settings.
- Work alongside the CEO to monitor program and team performance.
- Other duties relevant to the role as directed by the CEO.
Download the Position Description and Selection Criteria
For further information please contact Dira Horne on (08) 8950 4600 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications must address the Selection Criteria and include a resume and contact details of 2 current referees. Please email email@example.com
Applications close 4pm Friday 23 September 2022.