MHACA’s Support Coordination Team assists NDIS participants with mental health difficulties and a permanent and significant disability to access quality formal and informal support services in their community.
The Specialist Support Coordinator will have responsibility for establishing and maintaining a positive collaborative relationship with the participant. They will at times work with participants with complex needs requiring time limited supports utilising their additional expertise. They have responsibility for ensuring the participant is linked to the services and supports that will allow them to achieve the goals articulated in their NDIS Plan. The Specialist Support Coordinator will actively be involved in the development, implementation, monitoring, review and reporting of participants programs with key stakeholders.
- Providing Specialist Support Coordination in accordance with NDIS Practice Standards.
- Providing person-centred services that enrich the lives of people living with mental illness.
- The development of complex service plans to address barriers.
- Negotiate appropriate support solutions with multiple stakeholders and seek to achieve well-coordinated plan implementation.
- Ensure that all funding management activities are undertaken, so that all services are delivered with a service agreement in place.
- When required provide time limited support to participants, resolving points of crisis and assisting to reduce the complexities in the broader context of their support environment.
- Actively engage in the development, monitoring, review and reporting of participant’s NDIS Implementation Plans and sharing progress with key stakeholders.
- Maintain up to date accurate and comprehensive participant records and documentation in accordance with legislative requirements.
- Liaise with and report as required to NDIA in relation to NDIS participants and their plans.
Download the Position Description and Selection Criteria
For further information please contact Syed Hassan on (08) 8950 4600 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications must address the Selection Criteria and include a resume and contact details of 3 current referees.
Please forward to email@example.com or deliver to 14 Lindsay Avenue, Alice Springs.
Applications will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.