In keeping with MHACA’s vision, the Day Program promotes opportunities and choices for people with mental health difficulties in a supportive and facilitative environment that promotes recovery. It is a welcoming environment offering practical assistance and facilities as well as access to structured social, educational creative and therapeutic programs.
The Day Program Activities Officer reports to the Day Program Coordinator and works in conjunction with the Coordinator and other team members to implement social, recreational programs and the Drop-in Centre.
The Day Program Activities Officer will work as a member of the Day Program team and will:
- Support people with a severe and persistent mental illness who experience social isolation.
- Collaborate with the colleagues to maintain the drop-in area.
- Increase Community participation by assisting participants to develop new skills, social networks and participate in community activities.
- Accompany participants to community activities and support them to participate.
- Arrange and implement social, educational, and recreational activities which includes appropriate cultural and diverse social engagements.
- Keep accurate documentation including making sure the daily activities and drop-in attendance sheet are filled out and kept up to date.
- Must be compassionate, respectful, and patient.
- Be able to work in a team environment as well as individually.
- Actively participate in the organisation’s quality, safety, and risk management systems.
For a full position description, selection criteria and how to apply download the Day Program Activities Officer PD.
Applications close 4pm Monday 7th March