MHACA is seeking a Mental Health Recovery Support Worker to work alongside participants experiencing mental illness to enhance the quality of their lives and ability to live independently with a focus on self-determined recovery.
This requires assisting in setting goals and tasks that aim to improve or recover mental wellbeing, develop or rediscover social skills, raise awareness about mental health, improve access to training and employment opportunities and encourage participation within the community through active engagement and activities.
- As a multi-disciplinary, professional team member, the Mental Health Recovery Support Worker will provide effective recovery focused individual and group support through structured social, recreational, employment and educational activities.
- Work alongside people living with diagnosed mental illness to support their recovery.
- Use assessment tools to support participants to develop, review and evaluate their recovery plans.
- Assist participants to build upon their strengths, interests and values.
- Assist in the development and delivery of recovery focused group activities that meet participant needs and interests.
- Develop networks with participants, supporting them to develop skills to lead personally meaningful lives.
- Advocate with participants as required, both within the service and externally.
- Engage in supervision, training, planning and staff development activities.
- Actively contributing as a member of a team to the day to day functioning of the services, programs and facilities.
- Actively contribute to creating and maintaining a safe environment for staff, participants and visitors.
- Maintain a duty of care to staff, participants and visitors in accordance with MHACA’s commitment to privacy and confidentiality requirements.
- Actively promote the products/ services offered by MHACA to relevant organisations and participants.
- Work collaboratively with other relevant services and organisations.
- Collect and store participant data and information according to MHACA Policy and Procedures, Service Standards and funding body requirements.
- Other duties as directed by Manager/ CEO.
For a full position description, selection criteria and how to apply download the Mental Health Recovery Support Worker PD
Applications close 4pm Monday 7th March