The Central Australian Suicide Prevention Training Program aims to increase the NT populations’ protective factors through training and education. It promotes awareness, literacy and intervention that can help to prevent escalating distress and the incidence of suicide behaviours in the community.
The Training and Development Officer will develop and deliver a program of external training workshops to strengthen the capacity of the Central Australian community members to identify and respond to suicide risk and mental health challenges.
Training Development and Delivery
• Deliver a program of external training workshops to strengthen the capacity of the Central Australian community to identify and respond to suicide risk and mental health challenges. These workshops may include Mental Health First Aid, ASIST, SafeTALK and others as developed or identified.
• Maintain appropriate documentation and records of all training delivered by MHACA and provide regular reports as required by funding bodies, management or other stakeholders.
• Coordinate all aspects involved in the delivery of training programs.
• Provide data and reporting to support service planning and evaluation.
• Attend meetings and advocate on behalf of MHACA as required.
• Preparedness to travel to remote locations to deliver training.
• Any other duties which may be reasonably be expected in relation to this role.
Download the Position Description with Selection Criteria
Applications must address the Selection Criteria and include a resume and contact details of 2 current referees. Please forward to email@example.com
For further information please contact Helen Lambert (08) 8950 4600.
Applications close 4pm Friday 5 August 2022.