MHACA will be delivering ASIST, an accredited 2 day suicide prevention training, in Mparntwe (Alice Springs) on 11+12 October.
COST: $280 Concession, $380 Full
Places are limited so if you are interested in attending please return the registration form at your earliest convenience. Registrations close Monday 3 October.
In the course of the two-day workshop, ASIST participants learn to:
- Understand the ways personal and societal attitudes affect views on suicide and interventions
- Provide guidance and suicide first-aid to a person at risk in ways that meet their individual safety needs
- Identify the key elements of an effective suicide safety plan and the actions required to implement it
- Appreciate the value of improving and integrating suicide prevention resources in the community at large
- Recognise other important aspects of suicide prevention including life-promotion and self-care.
Any queries, please contact Lynn Moloney on 0437947257 or email firstname.lastname@example.org