MHACA will be delivering ASIST, an accredited 2 day suicide prevention training, in Tennant Creek on 18+19 October.
COST: $280 Concession, $380 Full
Places are limited so if you are interested in attending please return the registration form at your earliest convenience. Registrations close Monday 10 October.
In the course of the two-day workshop, ASIST participants learn to:
- Understand the ways personal and societal attitudes affect views on suicide and interventions
- Provide guidance and suicide first-aid to a person at risk in ways that meet their individual safety needs
- Identify the key elements of an effective suicide safety plan and the actions required to implement it
- Appreciate the value of improving and integrating suicide prevention resources in the community at large
- Recognise other important aspects of suicide prevention including life-promotion and self-care.
Any queries, please contact Lynn Moloney on 0437947257 or email email@example.com